We manufacture and distribute fine chemicals and laboratory
products - with quality and delivery you can count on every time.
Description Back to Top
Thermo Scientific Locator 6 is a maximum-capacity storage vessel.
Available with or without ultrasonic level monitor, Thermo Scientific Locator 6 indexed rack and box systems allow quick, efficient sample retrieval and offer cost-effective maximum storage capacity (up to 6,000 samples) combined with minimum liquid nitrogen consumption.
Compact design minimizes space requirements while maximizing storage capacity. Suited for both manual and computerized inventory record-keeping methods.
• Outstanding temperature uniformity: samples are stored below -180 DEG C, even when less than 2 in. (5 cm) of liquid nitrogen remains in the vessel
• Optional Ultrasonic Level Monitor safeguards irreplaceable samples with minimal liquid nitrogen evaporation and conduction
• Optional monitor provides continuous LED readout of liquid nitrogen level in 1/8 increments;
• Audible alarm sounds when nitrogen level falls below safe range; dry remote alarm contact for remote monitoring
• Advanced vacuum insulation minimizes liquid nitrogen evaporation and reduces operating costs
• Secure locking hasp prevents unauthorized entry
Includes: Indexed stainless-steel racks designed for use with 2 in. (5 cm) Nalgene Cryogenic Boxes (larger racks available for storage of 5.0 mL ampules). Also available with or without Liquid Nitrogen Level Monitor (optional, factory-installed monitor can also be purchased separately).
Required Accessories: Nalgene Cryogenic Boxes (order separately)
Compatible with: Additional Accessories
• Boxes, Nalgene, 2 in. for 1.0 and 1.5 mL vials, 100 vials per box, case of 10 (339-40891)
• Boxes, Nalgene, 2 in. for 2 mL vials, 81 vials per box, case of 40 (339-40897); case of 20 (339-40900)
• Boxes, Nalgene, 4 in. for 5mL vials, 81 vials per box, each (339-40873)
• CryoClaw (339-47641)
• Cups, Suction, 2 replacements for CryoClaw (339-47644)
• Logbook (339-43888)
• Level Monitor, customer-installed: CN509X11-70 (100-220V)
• Rack, for 5.0mL vials (does not include boxes) (HR509X32A-70)
• Vials, 1 mL, case of 500 (339-39328)
• Vials, Cryogenic, 1.2 mL, case of 500, 1.2 ml (339-47638)
• Vials, 1.5 mL, case of 500 (339-39331)
• Vials, Cryogenic, 2.0 mL, case of 500, 2.0 ml (339-47635)
Warranty and Service Offering: Three-year warranty on vessel vacuum, one-year warranty on parts.
Image(s) are representative of the product group and not necessarily the individual product.
Shipping Back to Top
Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp. offers a flat fee shipping when items are shipped “directly from Spectrum warehouses” by regular UPS ground within the contiguous United States. There are some additional charges that are item specific. Not included are any expedited or LTL shipments or dIrect shipped items from Spectrum vendors or manufacturers which are charged at published carrier rates.
|Order Sub-Total||Shipping Charge|
|$0 - <$299.99||$19.25|
|$300 - <$499.99||$32.50|
|$500 - <$999.99||$44.75|
|Additional Charge Items||Shipping Charge|
|Hazard Charge - Ground||$33.00 per box|
|Hazard Charge - Air||$46.50 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Small)||$15.00 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Large)||$25.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Small)||$10.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Large)||$15.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Wood Pallet)||$25.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Plastic Pallet)||$40.00 per box|
|Fuel Surcharge (<$400 subtotal)||$5.85|
|Fuel Surcharge (>$400 subtotal)||$10.55|
Reviews Back to Top