We manufacture and distribute fine chemicals and laboratory
products - with quality and delivery you can count on every time.
Description Back to Top
The Drosophila Incubators produce a controlled environment operating within refrigerated temperature ranges (15°C to 40°C) and include LED lighting specifically used in rearing of fruit flies. The innovative Peltier (thermoelectric) cooling technology eliminates the need for a refrigeration compressor.
The Low Temperature Incubators control temperatures from 15°C to 40°C for Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) and other low temperature applications. BOD is a standard method for indirect measurement of the amount of organic pollution in a sample of water. This unit contains innovative Peliter (thermoelectric) cooling technology eliminating the need for a refrigerated compressor. Peltier cooled units consume up to 75% less power than conventional models and can reduce laboratory ambient temperatures and air conditioning loads significantly.
Both models are available in two sizes. The smallest incubators are the bench-top models with a size of 6.5 cu.ft. and the larger upright units have a capacity of 19.5 cu.ft.
• Innovative thermoelectric cooling technology eliminates the need for refrigerated compressor. Units consume less power than conventional models while also reducing laboratory ambient temperature and air conditioning loads.
• Excellent temperature uniformity allows for effective space utilization by insuring all areas are maintained at proper temperatures.
• Thermo Scientific Peltier cooled incubators operate within the temperature range preferred by fruit flies. Both temperature and light cycles are programmable.
• Peltier technology excludes the need for heating coils so corrosion from fly secretions are no longer a concern.
• Meets America Public Health Association (APHA) specifications for biochemical oxygen demand (BOD).
• Programmable Watlow controller allows for 40-step ramp and soak profiles, or four files with 10 steps per file.
• Easy to clean and corrosion resistant painted stainless steel interiors.
• All models include an RS 485 output as well as an independent over-temperature thermostat and over-temperature alarm.
• Heavy-duty shelves have a 75 lb. capacity.
Image(s) are representative of the product group and not necessarily the individual product.
Shipping Back to Top
Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp. offers a flat fee shipping when items are shipped “directly from Spectrum warehouses” by regular UPS ground within the contiguous United States. There are some additional charges that are item specific. Not included are any expedited or LTL shipments or dIrect shipped items from Spectrum vendors or manufacturers which are charged at published carrier rates.
|Order Sub-Total||Shipping Charge|
|$0 - <$299.99||$19.25|
|$300 - <$499.99||$32.50|
|$500 - <$999.99||$44.75|
|Additional Charge Items||Shipping Charge|
|Hazard Charge - Ground||$33.00 per box|
|Hazard Charge - Air||$46.50 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Small)||$15.00 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Large)||$25.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Small)||$10.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Large)||$15.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Wood Pallet)||$25.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Plastic Pallet)||$40.00 per box|
|Fuel Surcharge (<$400 subtotal)||$5.85|
|Fuel Surcharge (>$400 subtotal)||$10.55|
Reviews Back to Top