We manufacture and distribute fine chemicals and laboratory
products - with quality and delivery you can count on every time.
Description Back to Top
Poretics Black Polycarbonate (PCTE) Membrane Filters for epifluorescence microscopy. Standard polycarbonate membrane filters are treated by a proprietary irgalan black process to render them dark gray. This essentially eliminates the natural autofluorescence of the membrane. Except for a reduction of transparency, the membranes have the same characteristics as standard Poretics polycarbonate membrane filters. Ideally suited for fluorescence microscopy because:
• The surface of the membranes flat and smooth, assuring that no micro-organisms are captured within the filter structure as with ordinary tortuous pore filters.
• They exhibit extremely low non-specific absorption
• The elimination of autofluorescence assures high visibility against a non-distracting background
• Smooth flat surface- micro-organisms are retained in one plane on the surface
• Do not stain
• Essentially zero autofluorescence
• Recommended for: epifluorescence microscopy; water testing; observation of bacteria (0.2-5 µm), yeasts and molds (0.6, 0.8 µm) and spores (5 µm); direct count of micro-organisms
• pH range: 4-8
Image(s) are representative of the product group and not necessarily the individual product.
Shipping Back to Top
Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp. offers a flat fee shipping when items are shipped “directly from Spectrum warehouses” by regular UPS ground within the contiguous United States. There are some additional charges that are item specific. Not included are any expedited or LTL shipments or dIrect shipped items from Spectrum vendors or manufacturers which are charged at published carrier rates.
|Order Sub-Total||Shipping Charge|
|$0 - <$299.99||$19.25|
|$300 - <$499.99||$32.50|
|$500 - <$999.99||$44.75|
|Additional Charge Items||Shipping Charge|
|Hazard Charge - Ground||$33.00 per box|
|Hazard Charge - Air||$46.50 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Small)||$15.00 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Large)||$25.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Small)||$10.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Large)||$15.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Wood Pallet)||$25.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Plastic Pallet)||$40.00 per box|
|Fuel Surcharge (<$400 subtotal)||$5.85|
|Fuel Surcharge (>$400 subtotal)||$10.55|
Reviews Back to Top