We manufacture and distribute fine chemicals and laboratory
products - with quality and delivery you can count on every time.
Description Back to Top
Corning microcarriers are designed to simplify your scale-up processes. The microcarriers are sterile, ready-to-use, and available in closed systems packaging to be used directly with bioreactors. Additionally, the microcarriers are surface-treated to enhance cell attachment, maximizing cell yield and viability. Corning microcarriers are available sterile and ready to use in 10 g vials. This format provides flexibility to select the amount of beads to use. During the mature phase of process development and into manufacturing, closed system packaging would be necessary to maintain sterility and ease bioreactor loading. Corning microcarriers are also available in off-the-shelf and custom closed systems packaging. Tubing, connectors, and materials are customizable based on individual needs.
• Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10-6
• Available as closed system solutions
• Consistency - USP Class VI polystyrene material provides a consistent platform
Corning microcarriers are offered with four surface treatments:
- Corning Synthemax® II substrate creates a synthetic surface on the microcarriers for stem cell expansion. Use low concentration for MSC applications and high concentration for iPS/ES applications.
- Corning CellBIND® surface treatment infuses the surface of the microcarriers with oxygen to improve cell attachment
- Positive charge surface treatment
- Collagen coating
• Bead size: 125 m to 212 m
• Density: 1.026 +/- 0.004 g/cm3
• cm2/gram: 360
Image(s) are representative of the product group and not necessarily the individual product.
Accessories Back to Top
Shipping Back to Top
Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp. offers a flat fee shipping when items are shipped “directly from Spectrum warehouses” by regular UPS ground within the contiguous United States. There are some additional charges that are item specific. Not included are any expedited or LTL shipments or dIrect shipped items from Spectrum vendors or manufacturers which are charged at published carrier rates.
|Order Sub-Total||Shipping Charge|
|$0 - <$299.99||$19.25|
|$300 - <$499.99||$32.50|
|$500 - <$999.99||$44.75|
|Additional Charge Items||Shipping Charge|
|Hazard Charge - Ground||$33.00 per box|
|Hazard Charge - Air||$46.50 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Small)||$15.00 per box|
|Poison Pack Charge (Large)||$25.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Small)||$10.00 per box|
|Ice Pack Charge (Large)||$15.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Wood Pallet)||$25.00 per box|
|Pallet Charge (Plastic Pallet)||$40.00 per box|
|Fuel Surcharge (<$400 subtotal)||$5.85|
|Fuel Surcharge (>$400 subtotal)||$10.55|
Reviews Back to Top